Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have oil in my radiator reservoir-02 Grand Am SE, 6 cylinder. What's wrong?

There is a cooling tank inside the radiator that cools the transmission fluid.It has a hole or split in it. This can also let water get into the transmission . Pull the transmission dip stick, If it is milky or foamy, kiss your transmission good by. The fluid should be a clear red color. If it is, get the radiator fixed.I have oil in my radiator reservoir-02 Grand Am SE, 6 cylinder. What's wrong?
Is it oil or tranny fluid? If it's tranny fluid, the radiator is junk.I have oil in my radiator reservoir-02 Grand Am SE, 6 cylinder. What's wrong?
Like Mike said or a water pump gasket or casing. Mark
If you have a oil cooler in the radiator, that could have a pin hole, basic fact is the oil pressure is much higher then the cooling system pressure... but with no oil pressure from being turned off, it goes to opposite way.
blown head gasket. MIKE
one of two things, either some itdiot put it there, you have a blown head gasket or theres a crack in the block or cylinder head
Blown head gasket, or a cracked head.

No comments:

Post a Comment