Thursday, January 7, 2010

I live in Israel and little room is freezing ive looked at oil radiators halgon which takes less energy?

looking for energy effiaciantI live in Israel and little room is freezing ive looked at oil radiators halgon which takes less energy?
Oil radiators have ';thermal mass';, which, once it's heated, requires a relatively small amount of energy to maintain a set temperature. These are ideal for heating small rooms. It costs me about $25/mo to use one of these as a ';booster';, heating a 14' x 14' room from 57F to 70F.





-Some- studies show that a halogen heater is slightly more efficient. They also tend to last longer than a standard radiant heater, but initial cost is higher.I live in Israel and little room is freezing ive looked at oil radiators halgon which takes less energy?
Oil filled radiators are safe and efficient, although halogen heaters are half the price they only heat people directly in their line of sight, as they mainly emit infra-red radiation same as the Sun


Don't even think of '; dave.gre '; he is living in cloud cuckoo land
The most cost efficiant would be to bury a pipe outside, as long as possible, then draw air thro the pipe to heat the room. I guess I should ask first do you own or rent and do you have a yard?
The oil heater will heat the entire room, but a halogen heater will only heat you (or whatever you point it at).
Sorry I use an electric space heater myself, my gas furnace is too expensive to use.
oil heaters

No comments:

Post a Comment