Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why is there oil in my radiator fluid?

The car is a 1997 Saturn SL2 with only 80,000 miles on it. My oil disappears and my radiator fluid turns black so the leak only seems to be going one way. I've been told that it could be the head gasket but from what I've read about that, there would be a lot more wrong with my car if that were the case. There are no other issues except that about a minute after I start the car the ';coolant low'; lights on the dash board flash and then stop about a minute later.Why is there oil in my radiator fluid?
yea its ya head gasket i had an park ave. with the same problem it worked fine but jus to make sure go to a local reapair shop and get there ideaWhy is there oil in my radiator fluid?
Sounds more like a cracked engine block to me. If you're putting in coolant it should be a 50-50 ratio (antifreeze %26amp; water). Anything more or less will crack your block during the winter. When your cars running (with the a.c. off on a warm day) see if any fluid is coming out of your exhaust pipe. If there is you may have blown a head or head gasket.
If you have engine oil cooler lines going into the radiator they could be leaking inside.If not you probably have a blown head gasket.
it has to be fixed immediately!its going to be expensive.
Sounds like yer head gasket blew.


or you warped or cracked the head.
No... You most likely have blown head gasket OR cracked head.








Good luck...
yep cost me 800 dollars to repair for a 350(5.7 litre)v-8 engine

No comments:

Post a Comment