Thursday, January 7, 2010

I put oil in my radiator!!?

I accidently grabbed a jug of 30 weight instead of antifreez. I poured about a half quart into my radiator before I noticed. Now the whole cooling system is full of goo. Is this gonna screw up everything or just lube all the parts?? It runs screwy now and I'm wondering if thats why. I live in alska and winter is here, so my brain is a little slow. Any help would be appreciated. I drive a subaru outback 1999.I put oil in my radiator!!?
You will have to drain and flush the cooling system. Then use a cooling system cleaner to remove the oil and anti-freeze. When the two combine they make a very nasty compound that will hamper your systems cooling ability. The best is to have it done by a radiator or mechanics shop. But you can do it yourself. Remove the thermostat and have the heater on so that all valves are open and the entire system will flush out. If you do not remove the thermostat and housing, you will not be able to get a good flush once you have cleaned the system.I put oil in my radiator!!?
you are going to have to flush it chemically, probably cost about a 100 bucks.
Bwahahahahahaha, that's funny, now that I have stopped laughing you need to flush your cooling system and I hope that you didn't damage your water pump.





Good luck.
Yes Flush is in order. You may also have to replace the tempture sensor if it continues to act and run odd. but you will defiantly need to have a complete system flush. I would even consider (and ask the shops this question before going to them) a back flush. a back flush is where they run the fluid backwards in the cooling system. This will pull any deposits up (they lay down in the direction they are traveling. Backflushing pushes them back up and out.) that should clean the whole system out.
flush your radiator, drain it and fill with straight water and flush it again, maybe many times then refill with antifreeze
take normal dishwashing detergent, drain the cooling system, add fresh water, add the soap and run the vehicle, do this one or twice and it should come clean, the fill it with fresh ANTIFREEZE..........LOL.......oh and oil can sludge up in your cooling system just like it does in the engine so get it out quick
Are you sure that you are not a blond?

No comments:

Post a Comment