Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Heater fan, oil radiator, ceramic heater or central air?

I'm renting a new apartment with cathedral ceilings and windows everywhere with just mini-blinds. I mainly sit in the living room, and then go to bed in the bedroom. I've turned my heat off and run a little Holmes heater fan which does a great job. But its a little noisy. I'm shopping for a new room heater. I had an oil-filled radiator space heater and man that thing worked great! But they're $40. I'm a cheapo and want to get another $14 Holmes heater fan but want your opinions first. The central air heat, with the high ceilings, take forever to heat up this place. I only need the room I'm in. ThanksHeater fan, oil radiator, ceramic heater or central air?
turn you're ceiling fan in reverse so it pulls the heat from the high cealing and use you central air .Heater fan, oil radiator, ceramic heater or central air?
Just as the other person said turn the ceiling fan(s) in reverse so the warm air will come down off the ceiling. Warm air rises, %26amp; cool air settles on the floor. If you don't want to waste heat in the other rooms until bed time. Close the heat vents in those rooms your not useing. Until right before bedtime. Or get a good electric blanket to keep you warm while you watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment