Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Do I need polish or fix the head of my engine once oil found on the radiator cap?

I have a 1995 Dodge neon and recently I have found a white substance on the radiator cap and it seems like the head gasket is bad but once this happened, do I only change the gasket or do I also have to take the head out and send it to polish it or take it somewhere to fix it? Well that's what I've heard and wanted to make sure before they charge me.Do I need polish or fix the head of my engine once oil found on the radiator cap?
If you have a blown head gasket, you need a new gasket. You will also want to sent the head out to a machine shop to make sure it is not warped or cracked. Polishing a head is for performance. You polish the ports for better flow.Do I need polish or fix the head of my engine once oil found on the radiator cap?
White stuff is stop leak%26gt;Not oil%26gt; Is it bubbling out the cap???Don't go to far with the worst%26gt; Is it not holding coolant%26gt;overheating%26gt; If not than maybe a flush if it's not clean in the Rad%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment