Saturday, December 26, 2009

I bought a radiator for my rover 214 from scrap yard that had oil in it?

i didnt clean the radiator could that be responsible for for the smoke belchin out my exhaust and my car doesnt start and when it does it drives for ten minutes then dies .have i broke my car?.was it that radiator,I bought a radiator for my rover 214 from scrap yard that had oil in it?
No, a dirty radiator can't cause that. I assume before you replaced it the engine overheated on you. It is more likely you did some damage from overheating and have a cracked or warped head or blown head gasket. Look for water in the oil.I bought a radiator for my rover 214 from scrap yard that had oil in it?
The oil in the rad to begin with was from the previous car having a broken head gasget,thats why the oil was in the rad.You should of inspected it first and gave it a good clean and you would of been fine.Now your probably going to pay big time financially to get it sorted.It was you not cleaning the rad to start with that caused you this to begin with.Good luck.
Why did you buy the radiator.What problems did you have to need a replacement radiator.Possibly you have cyl head or head gasket problems caused by your old rad .You have changed the radiator but still have the cyl head problem.If the smoke has a bluey tinge then you may have piston trouble
sounds as though you have ahead gasket or a warped cyclinder head or a holed piston that is oiling up plugs that is why its dying on you sorry about that the engine is u/s
No, these symptoms couldn't be caused by the radiator unless you'd filled the cooling system with oil instead of coolant.
good chance your head gaskets had it my friend not entirley uncommon on rover k series engines why didnt u flush the radiator before fitting

No comments:

Post a Comment