Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oil in my radiator reservoir, no water in my oil, trany ok too, replaced oil cooler , same problem, please hel?

I get constant oil in my radiator reservoir, replaced radiator, a while ago. Flushed the system many times , still have oil in the antifreeze, Today i replaced the oil cooler right above the oil filter, just incase it was cracked , but no luck ! keep getting oil in reservoir coolant. Please help ! any suggestions ? in my 2000 beetle 2.0Oil in my radiator reservoir, no water in my oil, trany ok too, replaced oil cooler , same problem, please hel?
if its trans fluid then the cooler in your radiator is leaking oil you would have to be more specificOil in my radiator reservoir, no water in my oil, trany ok too, replaced oil cooler , same problem, please hel?
Your head gasket is bad between the oil feed to the head, and a coolant port. The higher pressure in the oil line pushes the oil into the coolant system. This is the type of leak you see from short in town trips where the engine never gets all the way up to operating temp.
You have a head gasket leaking. It's pushing oil out, but is not leaking bad enough to allow coolant to get into the oil pan.
Pull the spark plugs and look at what they tell you. Run a compression test and trade it in.
Sounds like a headgasket.

No comments:

Post a Comment