Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have a Nissan 300 zx Non turbo automatic. I have oil in my radiator. Oil in motor is clean. Head or gasket.?

I have oil in my radiator. The oil in the motor is clean. Several weeks ago my motor started to knock really bad. The knocking has gone away, but my motor is now shaking. It seems like it is mis-firing. Does the oil in the radiator mean I have blown headgasket or a cracked head? I also replaced several radiator hoses. Other radiator hoses are now started to tear on me. Why is that?I have a Nissan 300 zx Non turbo automatic. I have oil in my radiator. Oil in motor is clean. Head or gasket.?
The oil and water circulation systems are supposed to be separate and not mixing with each other. Apparently you have a problem in your hand. Do it soonest as a replacement of the engine isn't cheap. Because the oil has not turned milky, you discovered the problem early enough. If possible do not use the car until this is fixed. I am hoping this is just a CH gasket problem and you do not have to tear the engine apart. And do not let the car stand idle either as rust and corrosion will develop. You coolant is about half water so in high temperature conditions, you create steam pressure in the hose and ultimately it will breach the rubber walls.I have a Nissan 300 zx Non turbo automatic. I have oil in my radiator. Oil in motor is clean. Head or gasket.?
So oil in the coolant usually means that you have a blown head gasket. I had to deal with a lot of these when I was a Diesel Mechanic. Your hoses might be ripping because a piece of your head gasket might have clogged one of your cooling ports and now is making back pressure...you also might want to check your oil cooler if your car is equipped with one. Your plate cooler in you oil cooler might have cracked also. The easiest way to see what is going on with your car is do a compression test and a diagnostics test too. Well, good luck...that really suck...sorry to hear what happened...
Automatic?


It could be transmission fluid.


If the cooler tube is inside the radiator like GM does, it could be leaking inside the radiator?





How's your trans fluid?
Wrong coolant in engine, for one. If you over-heat these engines, the head will warp or the gasket will break, or BOTH. You should try to find someone who will re-torque the head for you, to try and re-seal it. You cannot use regular green coolant in these cars, it will eat holes through things. Sounds like you have more trouble than just one thing!!
You won't know if it's the head, the gasket or both without removing the head. There definately is damage. I bet a sparkplug is fouled with oil and/or water, keeping that cylinder from firing. It can be fixed but it won't be cheap. If the engine overheated due to water loss, that's probably the beginning of the disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment