Saturday, December 26, 2009

Engine oil in radiator; why?

'97 Ford Ranger 4.0L. I thought my truck all of a sudden started burning oil. I checked my overflow reservoir and notice I have motor oil in it and my radiator. Any idea's what my have caused this?





Serious response only please. Thanks much! I appreciate the help.Engine oil in radiator; why?
Could be a blown head gasket, cracked head, or cracked block.Engine oil in radiator; why?
You have a blown head gasket that is letting oil pass into your coolant passageways. Get it replaced as soon as possible because it can clog the small passageways and cause more damage down the road. It might just be on one side and not the other but get them both replaced since you will be tearing it down anyway.
you may have oil cooler lines and that they maybe leaking in the radiator thats could be why you have oil in the radiator because some vehicles have oil cooler lines in the to keep the oil cool so it doesnt get to hot and overheat the engine
blown head gasket , get it replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment