Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oil/Radiator Problem?

I went to get my oil changed today. After they began changing it, one of the mechanics came in with a black oil looking substance on his hands and said it was from the radiator.





I believe my fluid is supposed to be pink (Chevy Impala) but it was definitely darker than my oil even usually is. The oil shop doesnt do a whole lot more than oil changes and minor flushes etc, so they referred me to another place in town that could handle the flush that I needed.





My question is...what exactly happened? Was it motor oil leaking in, transmission fluid, or what? Also, when I was checking my oil the other day, I had a HIGH level of oil (like 2-3 inches up the dipstick). I thought that'd be a sign of coolant leaking in. However, the shop said nothing about that being a problem after I mentioned it.





They simply said I need to a heavy radiator flush. I can't get that done till wednesday either.





In the meantime, would I be able to drive at all?





Thanks in advance.Oil/Radiator Problem?
first of all its your oil cooler line leaking..it goes into your raditor to help cool down.if its leaking its probably a 2 dollar o-ring you have to put in there..if it pours out of the cooler line where the radiator...bad news someone could have stripped it out resulting in you needing a new radiator

No comments:

Post a Comment