Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I drive a 1994 Mercedes-Benz C280. Engine oil gets into the radiator at an alarming rate?

I changed the gasket first and then the cylinder head but it didnt make any difference. It's an auto transmission. But I'm almost sure it isnt transmission fluid cuz of the color and cuz the engine oil level drops drastically and the low engine oil warning comes on in the car. I'm not quite certain about lines running into the radiator. Pls tell me more about that. Please what else can be done? I've spent quite alot already.I drive a 1994 Mercedes-Benz C280. Engine oil gets into the radiator at an alarming rate?
Open your wallet for a new radiator *IF the automatic transmission has two lines running into one of the expansion tanks on either side of the radiator core. The automatic transmission is actually cooled (rather worthlessly I may add) by a small completely separate reservoir inside the expansion tank. Perhaps a transmission shop could pressure test the transmission cooling tank after the radiator has been removed fron the car. There's more than one way to skin a cat.





I've never really figured out how a cooling system that is already heating @ 195 degrees Fahrenheit can be expected to cool hot transmission fluid.I drive a 1994 Mercedes-Benz C280. Engine oil gets into the radiator at an alarming rate?
The engine oil cooler is built into the radiator,this is why you are getting oil into the coolant system.New radiator I am afraid....
Cracked block maybe? Either that or you put the gaskets on wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment