Friday, December 18, 2009

Oil coming out of my radiator Whats wrong?

I have a 99 Dodge Intrepid and it started running hot I left it there and had it towed to my house. It had no hose leaks and was still full of water. We need a new water pump and also fouund out that we need a tenison pulley on it. After fixing it I have oil coming through my radiator but no water in my oil. Everything was put back right. What could be the problem?Oil coming out of my radiator Whats wrong?
Check and see the color of the oil, red is transmission fluid and the most likely cause, the radiator has an oil cooler built inside that cools the transmission oil. Good Luck and God BlessOil coming out of my radiator Whats wrong?
Yep, you overheated it. *Hopefully* it's only the head gasket.
check your head gasket' oil can come thougt the oil port causing your leak
if its a red color it is probably trans fluid comming from the trans cooler built in the radiator..or oil cooler dependeing on vehical.......If not check your oil dipstick and see if it's milky white it might be a blown head gasket
is the oil black or red in color. i am thinking that your transmission cooler which is in the sides of the radiator may have gone bad. transmission fluid is red so check to see what color the leaking oil is and if it red you have found your problem and most likely will need a new radiator
Did you check you're trans. fluid to see if it has coolant in it? if it has, the the trans. oil cooler in the trans. is leaking.
blown head gasket (oil to water passage) or even worse a crack head or block. Sorry...
Busted block, my guess, but did you flush your radiator first ? After you replaced water pump?
you've either cracked the oil cooler or the trans cooler in the radiator when you hit the deer. alot of those cars had an engine oil cooler. don't drive it until its fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment